Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mini-Break in Striper A-Go-Go Land

I'll be heading off to Block Island for four days starting this Sunday! I'm hoping the post-tourist, chilly, autumn atmosphere will prove relaxing and inspiring. I've bought a new SD card for my camera, and I'm going to pick up some watercolors, I think. I may end up making a kindergarten-style mess of stick figures and "Ooh, honey, that's a great - ....what is it?"s, but there's no harm in trying. I've recently found a creative bone in my body (it may be my pelvis...oo baby), so I've been trying to build it up and nurture it (with some thrusting and such). The acceptable fruits of my labors are up for sale at my Etsy shop.

In regards to de-fattening, never fear the mini-break, I keep telling myself! You will not gain back those 40 pounds you've lost, nor will you continue forever on this seemingly endless (4 months, peeps) plateau of flabby doom. The Backwoods Companion and I are packing healthy foods (read also: cheap foods, as shite on the island goes for double or more) for breakfasts and lunches whilst on holiday, and I'm pretty sure island cuisine will consist of baked seafood and vegetables for dinner most nights. I'll also be bringing multiple sets of workout clothing for varying weather and some weights and resistance band. I'm actually pretty excited to run around the island. It seems like it will be some seriously awesome atmosphere, and I'll be able to scope out some good photography spots on my way. Hopefully I will diligently forget the locations of bakeries, chocolatiers, and ice cream shops that I run by.

The BC will be spending alot of his time fishing. That was actually the impetus for the trip, and the fact that there is an ocean-view motel and nice little shops on a beautiful island is only secondary to the amount of striped bass found in the waters off the coast. That will leave me to fish until I give up in frustration and then spend hours upon hours relaxing alone in quiet solitude. Lordy, lordy, who took my forty? I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

nolafwug said...

Wow! Sounds like so much fun. I'm jealous!

At first I thought you were thrusting your pelvis into "Stripper A-Go-Go Land" rather than "Striper."

Guess a Striper is a type of fish? Or will you be attending a Stryper concert and that's just a typo? :)