Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mishmash

I've recently been asking myself the question, "Why blog?" Now I'm sticking with, "Why not?" and asking nothing else.

I don't really have a set theme in mind, but there is a mishmash of share-able tidbits that have been floating through my mind: my shrinking waistline (cross your fingers for it), photography, kitties, crafting, life on the Cape, vegetarianism, helping homeless animals, and, of course, everyone's favorite - raving, expletive-filled, lunatic-esque rants about everything from tourists to lazy fitness class leaders to moldy wine...seriously, who knew wine could grow mold?

So strap in, and I'll be back tomorrow with some absolutely genius post that will leave you craving more, more, more! ...Or just some self-indulgent drivel that I narcissistically expect other people to care about. Whichever.

2 comments:

nolafwug said...

"Why not?"

I guess maybe because it could become a time-suck. Or something you get sick of and feel guilty for not updating day after day after day until you forget all about it. Or not being taken seriously until you've been posting for like, 6 months. Those are my reasons for not doing it and compared to the positive things it could generate they don't seem all that compelling.

So yeh, why not?

And ooh hey - 1st comment is mine, all mine!

Compass Rose said...

I still owe a college professor a paper on toadfish, and I've graduated and have been out of school for over three years. The possibility of getting lax with a blog pales in comparison.

If I have time, I have time. If people don't take me seriously, then good. I don't take blogging seriously, either. I promise nothing, though I do aim to entertain.