Monday, December 8, 2008

Deep Into The Dungeons of "El Diablo"!



Being at the Backwoods Companion's homestead this lovely wintry morning has inspired me to try to get some wood stove shots. Back when I used to live in the cabin, the fire was anything but romantic. There was no glass front on the stove. If the chimney got too hot, it crackled like your entire house was going to go up in flames. And it was our only source of heat. Not so endearing and cozy when it was 32 degrees, I could see my breath, and I couldn't get the damn thing to catch. But now that I don't have to deal with it regularly -- totally great! Quaint! Old-timey! Possibly even romantic.

When I got the reminder for Artsy Sunday, I said, oh, well, I can't do it this Sunday because I'm not home today. But then I remembered I had my camera, and there's art to be found everywhere, especially when you have a camera!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think that is the best comment of 'artsy sunday'...'there's art to be found everywhere...'!! so true, and you have proven it.

atomicliving said...

I agree, I only hope we can keep it up and others will be inspired and follow. We are at the beginnings of a grass roots movement here girls, let's commence a artin' yee haaw!